Every once in a while I get tips about history related content out there on the web. This last week Ben Eisen of the All Time Top Ten podcast contacted me to let me know about his episode Top Ten Songs about Historical Events . In this show, Ben and co-host Chris Wolfing share their top ten songs in history about history. The songs they chose are about topics ranging from the French revolution, racism, apartheid, and much more. Ben and Chris not only share the songs but also explain the events behind them.
Ben's top ten list:
- Bad Religion - "Los Angeles Burning"
- Allen Sherman - "You Went the Wrong Way Old King Louie"
- Artichoke - "Galileo Galilei"
- Bruce Springsteen - "Nebraska"
- Sublime - "April 29, 1992"
- Elvis Costello - "Let Him Dangle"
- Randy Newman - Burn on"
- Bob Dylan - "The Hurricane"
- Gordon Lightfoot - "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"
- Crosby, Stills, & Nash - "Ohio"
Chris's top ten list:
- Stevie Wonder - "Black Man"
- The Moody Blues - "Dr. Livingstone, I Presume"
- Nolan McKelvey - "Dust Bowl Blues"
- The Human League - "The Lebanon"
- Crosby, Stills, & Nash - "After the Dolphin"
- The Scorpions - "Wind of Change"
- Bruce Hornsby - "The Way it Is"
- Peter Gabriel - "Biko"
- Sting - "Children's Crusade"
- Billy Joel - "We Didn't Start the Fire"